The recent outbreak of COVID-19 is no doubt affecting us all.
We want to reassure you that our services are operating and you and your pets will have our full support during these challenging times.
Our interactions with clients and patients may be a little bit different from usual.
In order to avoid any incidental transmission of infection the following steps are in place:
- All consultations that are able to happen via Skype / FaceTime / Telephone Call will be conducted in this format. You will be contacted by staff if this is a suitable format for your pet’s consultation
- All consultations / appointments where pets must be examined, need to occur with with social distancing practices and preventative measures maintained. This may mean that contact time during appointments is very short and that they may need to take place outside. Discussion of medical histories and main concerns will happen via phone call / Skype etc prior to the physical exam. For dogs, please ensure that they are on lead. For cats, this means in a cat basket.
- Please do not break quarantine or self-isolation. For clients that are in quarantine or unwell, please contact us prior to the appointment so that we can make a suitable arrangement for attending to your pet.
- For patients that are requiring ongoing medications we are able to arrange for you to pay over the phone and then post medications, for you to collect the medication without any person-to-person contact or when possible for us to deliver.
- Patient, Client and Staff health are our top priorities. Please ensure that you have read this information and maintain preventative measures outlined by health authorities.
If during this time your pet is in need of Emergency Care, please contact Pet Emergency or BVECCS. Please contact them by telephone prior to attending as their protocols have changed recently too.
We wish you all the best during these difficult times, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. This is a rapidly evolving situation and we will update you with any changes when available.
The Healthy Pets Team